I was interviewed on the Future of Coding podcast. It was a really fun conversation. We talked about:
- My work at Airtable helping build tools for non-programmers to make software to do their work.
- Making software without writing code.
- GameMaker, an amazing environment for creating games with minimal code. It has been used to make killers like Nuclear Throne, Hyper Light Drifter and the first version of Spelunky.
- UI design lessons from games like Into the Breach and The Witness.
- Code Lauren and Isla, my past attempts at making accessible programming environments and how my goals of learning to write compilers conflicted with the tools’ goals of making it easier for beginner programmers to build software.
Subscribe to my newsletter to hear about my latest work